If you use Linux, you can easily get urlview from your favorite package manger, but not on Mac Os X. However, there exists another version of urlview written in a ruby script. It is simple and safe (not written in C)
You can download a copy from this url.
Here is the Easiest way to use the urlview script with mutt on your Mac OS X.
- Download urlview (the ruby version) from here.
- Modify the file of line 26, from "BROWSER='firefox'" to "BROWSER='open'"
- Comment out the line 31 : $stdin.reopen 'COM1:'
- sudo chmod +x ~/Download/urlview.rb
- sudo mv ~/Download/urlview.rb /usr/bin
- Add the following lines in your muttrc.
(Note that the macro is binded with f4 key. You can change it to whatever you want.)
macro index "<f4>" "<pipe-message>urlview.rb<enter>" #URLviewer macro pager "<f4>" "<pipe-message>urlview.rb<enter>" #URLviewer